Thursday, May 23, 2013

Post Run Breakfast-Spinach and Eggs

Happy Thursday!! This morning, I set my alarm for 6 am because I needed to get my run done before Ryan left for work and anything longer than 3 miles and Logan will not sit still. I did not feel like running at all when I first got up. I actually pretty much never feel like running, but in my effort to accomplish my goal of a half-marathon, I guess I will have to overcome that, right? Anyway, after I had a half cup of coffee and a small no-bake hemp protein bar, I took on 4.65 miles! I was definitely slower than usual but the fact that I was done with my workout by 7:30 am felt amazing!

Anyway, when I got back to the house I was starving but I didn't want to eat anything cold for breakfast; my usual "go-to" is fat free Greek yogurt topped with homemade granola, but that didn't sound appealing when I was freezing after my run. So, I give you the spinach-egg breakfast bake! This was the most satisfying breakfast I have had in a while and will now probably have a few times a week!

Directions for One:

*Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Ingredients:
1 egg
5 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 handful of organic spinach, washed
1/4 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 TB shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 TB coconut oil

-Heat up your oil in a small fry pan on medium heat and add your garlic and onions. Saute until tender and then add your tomatoes and spinach. Cook for a few minutes, until the spinach is wilted and then add your cheese. Given everything a good stir and then remove from heat.
-Next, spray a small ramekin dish with coconut oil or olive oil spray and place the saute mixture inside. Then, make a small hole in the middle of the ramekin and crack your egg and place inside. Season the whole dish with salt and pepper and place in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until your desired softness of the egg. Enjoy, I know I did! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment